A permit is not required but compliance with the following is:
Conformance with standards required. [Amended 4-9-1986 by L.L. No. 2-1986] Electrical wiring and equipment shall conform to the requirements of the New York State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code and shall be designed and installed in a manner to avoid potential electrical and fire hazards.
Inspection of installations required. No person, firm or corporation shall install or cause to be installed or alter any electrical wiring for light, heat or power in or on any properties within the Village of Scotia until an application for inspection has been filed with an authorized agency.
Qualified Electrical Inspectors:
- THE Inspector, LLC.-363-0181
- Middle Department Inspection Agency, Inc.-273-0861
- New York Atlantic-Inland, Inc. 518-857-6235
- Commonwealth Electrical Inspection Service, Inc-1-800-801-0309
- Northeast Electrical Inspections, LLC – “Residential only” – 518-852-0826